THE MARITIME STANDARD AWARDS ENTRY GUIDELINES
The Maritime Standard (TMS) Awards aim to reward and promote the achievement of excellence in different fields within the shipping and maritime business sectors. Our aim is to make entering the Awards as clear and transparent as possible, but there do have to be certain rules to ensure that all nominations can be assessed on the same basis. The guidelines below should hopefully assist in preparing a valid entry, but do not hesitate to contact the TMS team if you have any questions.
• Entries to The Maritime Standard Awards are open to all organisations involved in the shipping, maritime and related sectors.
• All initiatives and achievements must have been launched, or be active, within the eligibility period, which is defined as being 12 months before the date of the Awards.
• The nominee must have executed or directly managed the project or business operation submitted.
• All work must have been carried out in the Middle East and/or Indian Subcontinent OR for the Middle East and/or Indian Subcontinent market.
• By submitting an entry, the entrant and nominee warrants that it is the nominee’s original work.
There is no limit to the number of entries you may submit or the number of categories you may enter. To enter into multiple categories, please use the form provided for each category. TMS reserves the right to move the entry received into a different category.
• All entries must be written in English and submitted via The Maritime Standard Awards online entry forms.
• To nominate offline, please contact Ammaar Murtaza at email@example.com and obtain the entry forms.
• The evaluation criteria provided in the entry forms for each category is designed to be relevant, comprehensive and transparent for all nominees and clearly defined for our judging panel. The criteria ensures that all entrants can clearly communicate, affirm and support their nominations.
• Accuracy of figures and other information is essential. Each section of the entry form describes what the judges need to know. Please follow the format as it helps the judges evaluate the entry properly.
• Be concise. The judges have a lot of entries to read through in a very short time. Each section of the form has a 500 word limit.
• Start the entry process only after all the information to be submitted is verified and complete. Once submitted you will not be able to retrieve/edit your submission.
• Nominees to submit testimonials from clients or business partners in support of their submissions.
• Each testimonial should be no more than one page long, and up to a maximum of three testimonials for each nomination will be accepted.
• These testimonials should be written by customers, business partners, or other individuals and organisations that know the nominee well enough to be able to make observations about the entrant’s qualities and perform each from a first-hand point of view.
• The testimonial should be relevant and written specifically in relation to the particular award category being entered.
• The testimonial should not simply support the nomination but provide information about the nominee in some detail that will back up the main application.
• Each testimonial must be submitted on the letterhead of the person or organisation providing it, and must be clearly signed, indicated the name and designation of the person.
• All testimonials must be written in English and submitted online.
The deadline for submitting entries for The Maritime Standard Awards 2022 is Monday, 15th August 2022
There is NO charge for submitting an entry for the Awards.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF ENTRIES
Entrants will receive an email acknowledgment when an entry has been received. The email confirmation will be sent to the email ID provided in the entry form. If you do not receive this email please email Ammaar Murtaza at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on +971 4 380 5556
FINALISTS AND WINNERS ANNOUNCEMENTS
• The finalists will be announced on Friday, 14th October 2022. Visit tmsawards.com to view the finalists.
• The winners will be announced and presented with their trophies at The Maritime Standard Awards Ceremony & Gala Dinner held at the 15th November at Atlantis, The Palm, Dubai, UAE. To book your table now click here
• The manner and details of announcing that a nominee has become a finalist or won an award is strictly within the discretion of The Maritime Standard.
For questions or comments related to the Awards entries, please contact Ammaar Murtaza at email@example.com or call on +971 4 380 5556