Jordan Academy for Maritime Studies (JAMS) is an educational institution specialized in Maritime Education and Training (MET). It was established in January 2004 with a view to provide local Arab and the international maritime markets with highly qualified navigating officers and marine engineers. JAMS is a quality focused maritime institution providing comprehensive services of (MET) while committed to customers, employees, owners and the maritime community in general.
JAMS is specialized in providing the following services:
- Maritime studies (officer in charge of a navigation watch (2 nd Mate), Chief Mate, Master (F.G.), officer in charge of an engineering watch (3 rd Engineer), 2nd Engineer, Chief Engineer, ETO).
- Maritime Training (basic safety courses, ECDIS, GOC, BTM, ERM, ….).
- Other courses (Accounting, Marketing, Quality, Management, Logistics, Inventory, Maintenance, ….) as related to the maritime studies.
- Consultations (ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 18001).
- Market researches Studies.
JAMS is a maritime educational institution accredited by Jordan Maritime Commission (Ministry of Transport) which is responsible for Maritime Education and Training in Jordan. Besides, Jordan is on the IMO white list of countries, which fulfil the provisions of STCW 1978 as amended. EU has also acknowledged the Jordanian Certificates of Competency following the audit of educational and training systems adopted by the Academy.
JAMS Quality Management System (QMS) complies with ISO 9001:2015 requirements. It holds the certificate from Lloyd’s Resister/UK as the first Jordanian educational organization in Jordan that upgrades to the new standard, the scope of which comprises (MET) according to STCW 1978 as amended, in addition to managerial consultancy services.