BIMCO is the world’s largest international shipping association, with 2,300 members in around 130 countries. We provide a wide range of services to our global membership – which includes shipowners, operators, managers, brokers and agents.
BIMCO’s core objective is to facilitate the commercial operations of our members by developing standard contracts and clauses, and providing quality information, advice and education.
BIMCO promotes fair business practices, free trade and open access to markets and we are a strong advocate for the harmonisation and standardisation of all shipping related activity. We are accredited as a Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) with all relevant United Nations agencies and other regulatory entities.
Dubai Council for Marine and Maritime Industries
The Dubai Council for Marine and Maritime Industries (DCMMI) is a specialized industry council (non-profit trade and industry council) formed in 2013 to promote the interests of the marine and maritime industry in Dubai and the UAE.
DCMMI was set up with the aim to plan and implement economic strategies that promote Dubai and the UAE as a global hub for marine and maritime industries and services and sea transportation which focus on excellence, investment and talent building.
DCMMI represents a wide cross-section of the UAE’s marine and maritime industry and companies whose activities are directly related to the industry.
Dubai Shipping Agents Association
DSAA was established in 1999, by a group of prominent shipping agents, with the encouragement of local ports & customs authorities.
The Dubai Shipping Agents Association is a non-profit organization and not engaged in any commercial activity. It provides a forum for members to pool information.
• Promote the joint interests of the shipping agents' community in Dubai.
• Foster / strengthen the relations and co - operation between shipping agents, the customs authorities and other governmental, national and international trade organizations.
Federal Transport Authority-Land and Maritime
The Federal Transport Authority – Land & Maritime (FTA) was established pursuant to Federal Law no. (1) of 2006 and was granted its capacities by virtue of Cabinet Resolution no. (52) of 2006 as a federal authority with a legal personality and an independent budget.
• Suggest general policies and draft laws and regulations concerned with land and maritime transport.
• Propose road-usage policies and fees.
• Draw the necessary plans for regulating and improving maritime and land transport both within the UAE and between the UAE and its neighbouring countries.
• Issue navigation permits, licenses and certificates and provide inter-Emirate land and maritime transport services.
• Formulate rules regulating navigation in the high seas, particularly in relation to setting the requirements for granting Emirati nationality to vessels, vessel registration and terms for raising the national flag over vessels.
• Prepare draft conventions or propose accession to international conventions relevant to FTA’s jurisdiction.
• Represent the UAE in international and regional conferences relevant to FTA’s jurisdiction.
• Formulate necessary proposals to develop federal roads construction works.
• Formulate laws and legislation for the land and maritime transport sectors in the UAE.
• Formulate the rules regulating navigation in UAE ports.
1- Maritime transport services:
• Crew services.
• Trade vessel services.
• Leisure boat services.
• Corporate services.
2- Land transport services:
• Operating licences.
• Vehicle operating cards.
• Licensing of guarantors and automobile clubs.
• Cross-border services.
• Inspection of enterprises and vehicles.
Organisation of the Islamic Shipowners Association
OISA as an affiliated institution to the Organization of the Islamic Cooperation (OIC) was set up to serve Islamic Ummah in maritime transportation field according to the Third Summit Conference of the OIC countries in 1981, Makkah Al-Mukarramah, Saudi Arabia. OISA aims to enhance trade exchange and cooperation among Islamic countries in the field of maritime transport and increase cooperation amongst them.
1. Islamic Protection and indemnity Club
2. Bakkah shipping Company
3. Cooperative information system
Tel: +966 2 6636584 / 6637882 / 6653379
Fax: +966 2 6604920
UAE Shipping Association
The UAE Shipping Association (UAESA) was established to promote and protect the interests of ship owners and the shipping community of the UAE, whilst also providing a common platform for interaction within the rest of the industry. UAESA will endeavor to be a focal point between the industry and the authorities. If required, the Association shall provide competent marine advisors for support as UAE representation at various marine forums. UAESA will promote the UAE flag internationally by proposing suitable amendments to the authorities. UAESA will encourage marine knowledge through education and training for the benefit of the UAE shipping community.